Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa, is a dream for many people.
Machama rout, also known as Whiskey, is on of the most popular routs with about 85% success.
It is a tough climb, the hike is steep and at night you sleep in tents, but the view…
- AREA OF TOURING Mount Kilimanjaro
- BEST TIME TO VISIT All year through
- MAIN ATTRACTIONS Uhuru peak
- WEAR Climbing gear
- Two nights accommodation at the Hotel in Arusha (before and after the climb)
- First night includes Dinner and breakfas
- Last night includes dinner & breakfast
- Transportation from Arusha to/from the starting/finishing points respectively
- Airport transfers
- Qualified guides with mountain crew
- National park fees
- Tents and sleeping mattresses
- Accommodation in the huts (descending route of Marangu)
- Cutlery / Crockery / Eating utensils
- Mess tent (for dining) / Mini camping chairs / Tables / Candles
- Rescue fees
- Pulse oxi-meters
- First aid kit
- Guides, porters, cook, waiter salaries
- Hot water on the mountain
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- Single room supplement at the Hotel (except on the 1 person rate)
- Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiters tips
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
Kilimanjaro International Airport - Arush
Rongai is the only Northern route for climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. Based on mountain guides review, Rongai seems to be amongst easiest route up Kilimanjaro for the fact that is have excellent success rates for non-experienced climbers. Unlike other routes, Rongai is dry and accessible in most tie of the year, except the rain forests that one must embarks in the first two days. Choosing Rongai offres opportunity to explore both northern and southern sides of Kilimanjaro as you ascent from the north and descend through southern – Marangu Route. Climbers get opportunity to camp beside the only lake on the mountain and enjoy spectacular views over Kenya’s Amboseli plains. Approaching the mountain from the north will also present opportunty to spot mountainside animals – monkey and even sometimes elephants. Rongai Route boasts high success rates of 84-94% on 6 and 7-day climbs, respectively.
Nalemuru Gate - Simba Camp
Simba Camp - Second Cave
Note: The acclimatization hike is an easy trek with a slight gain in altitude done in order to speed up the acclimatization process. You should take the acclimatization hikes very seriously.
Second Cave - Kikilewa
Kikileaw Camp - Mawenzi Tarn Camp
Note: The acclimatization hike helps increase your chances of successfully summiting Mt. Kilimanjaro and save you from the consequences of high altitude sickness.
Mawenzi Tarn Camp - Schoo Hut Camp
Trekking to Summit Uhuru Peak & descent to Horombo Camp
Note that; POLE POLE a Swahili phrase which means SLOWLY SLOWLY in English is the most effective rule to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro.