Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa, is a dream for many people.
Machama rout, also known as Whiskey, is on of the most popular routs with about 85% success.
It is a tough climb, the hike is steep and at night you sleep in tents, but the view…
- AREA OF TOURING Mount Kilimanjaro
- BEST TIME TO VISIT All year through
- MAIN ATTRACTIONS Uhuru peak
- WEAR Climbing gear
- Two nights accommodation at the Hotel in Arusha (before and after the climb)
- First night includes Dinner and breakfas
- Last night includes dinner & breakfast
- Transportation from Arusha to/from the starting/finishing points respectively
- Airport transfers
- Qualified guides with mountain crew
- National park fees
- Tents and sleeping mattresses
- Cutlery / Crockery / Eating utensils
- Mess tent (for dining) / Mini camping chairs / Tables / Candles
- Rescue fees
- Pulse oxi-meters
- First aid kit
- Guides, porters, cook, waiter salaries
- Hot water on the mountain
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- Single room supplement at the Hotel (except on the 1 person rate)
- Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiters tips
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
Kilimanjaro International Airport - Arush
Machame Rout (a popular and well profiled Kilimanjaro rout) – of the seven main routs used to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, Machame or other known as Whiskey Route is one of the most popular among Kilimanjaro climbers. About 50% of all climbers. and most seasoned climbers, choose the Machame rout. The 7-day itinerary on Machane offers success rates above 85% due to gradual acclimatization and will suit anyone aspiring to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. Machame is known as the Whiskey route, given its reputation for being a tough climb, in contrast to the easier Marangu route, wich is known as the Coca Cola route. Unlike the gradual incline and hut accommodations found on the Marangu Route, the climbers on Machame hike steeper trails, for longer distances, while sleeping in tents. Despite its toughness, this route provides impressive views and a variety of habitats and most important – high possibilities for a regular climber to summit at the highest point of Mt. Kilimanjaro – the Uhuru peak.
Arusha - Machane Gate - Machame Camp
Machame Gate - Shura Camp II
Shura Camp II - Lava Tower - Barranco Camp
Barranco Camp - Karranga Camp
Karranga Camp - Barafu Camp
Barafu Camp - Uhuru Peak (5,895m/19,340ft) - Mweka Camp
This will be long day with a walking time of 8-14hours from Barafu camp to Uhuru peak and back to Barafu camp. From Barafu camp we will have a physical challenge of going downhill with a total time of 2-4 hours to Mweka camp. Summit Certificates are offered to anyone who gets at Stella Point and Uhuru Peak.
Mweka Camp - Mweka Gate
From the gate, you continue another hour to Mweka Village. Our vehicle will meet you at Mweka village to drive you back to hotel in Arusha for relaxation and celebration.